viernes, 5 de marzo de 2010

The End Is Here...

In this blog post I decided to write about Henry because I think that he is the boy that most changed during the book. In the first paragraphs he was letting Will lead. He always agreed with everyone and had no negative comments about anything. We can see this in p. 46 when Henry said:" We'll stay hear if you say so." I think that Henry was acting like this because he knew nothing about the expedition and as Will had the map and was the first one to know about he probably thought that he would know more.

However, the attitude of Henry changes again when Will and Henry meet the Beanpole. Henry starts disagreeing with Will and starts to develop a closer friendship with Beanpole. We can see this in p. 84 when Beanpole wants to go inside the Metro and Will doesn't. Still Henry votes for going in and helps Beanpole instead of Will. Therefore, Henry's feelings start to change again when he starts to think that it doesn't matter if Will is left behind, as long as it's good for the group. This change surprised me the most as I thought that as Will and Henry were family, then Henry wouldn't want to leave Will alone. Still he didn't really care. We can see this in p. 128 when Henry says that they won't wait for him. I found this strange because Beanpole isn't as close to Will now and Henry had insisted for Will to come with them. But he left Will behind at the castle.

In conclusion Henry and Will end up farther apart that with Beanpole. A part of evidence of this is when Henry and Beanpole discover that Will had a metal button in his armpit. I found this part rather interesting as Beanpole even thought of a solution while Henry was convince that Will knew all about it, and that hew should stay behind and be Capped after all. We clearly see this in p.169 when Henry says:" We know he is one of them. He has been sending messages to it with his mind.He probably has sent one saying he's been found out. It may be coming after us right now." In this passage Beanpole in trying to protect Will and say it's not his fault when at the same time Henry is saying the is guilty and he is a liar.

REVIEW OF THE BOOK:
I didn't really like this book. This is because I found it was written in a different way and a different structure because it's written in a different way ( difficult words, and written in a rather old way ). I thought that the author could have given some more specific detail and descriptions about the important parts. He should have helped reader visualize the story. For example the part where Will fought the Tripods he could have used more descriptions so I could see the action. On the other hand I think that it's always good to try other books about different topics. I liked how the author developed the theme by making Will struggle with whether to go or stay at the Red Castle, and the fact of making him decided in between love of freedom.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario