viernes, 7 de mayo de 2010

Community choice -The Giver-

Would you like to live in Jonas's community? Why?

I wouldn't like to live in Jonas's community at all. I wouldn't like it because nobody is allowed to make choices in there life - they wouldn't be able to decide their job,or decide how they want to form their family. If I couldn't choose I would feel like if I was part of a computer game and people would make me do things. It's true that some of the choices that people make are wrong but that is part of life. In the community the Chief Elder can also make choices that aren't right for us. I would rather take the risk and make my own mistakes.

I think that if I lived in Jonas's community it would be very frustrated because I would have no choice on what job I did, I would have no choice of my partner in life, and I would be given two children and not get to experience having children of my own. I think that our real community is organized well- we are free to make choices and experience the outcome whether its good or bad

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario