jueves, 25 de febrero de 2010

Freedom?

It is obvious that Will loves living in the castle. Will likes all the luxury there is. He also likes the clothes he is given as well as his room. He is extremely happy as he gets all the attention from the Comet and Cometesse as they don't have any sons to look after.However the question is:What is the point of a life without freedom? In my point of view freedom is the point of life. I think this as freedom means to direct yourself and to do what you really want. I also means to be able to think what you really what to think and be able to express your self.One can make choices , have feelings.. etc. Specially Will, can't live without freedom. I think this because he would lose interest in every thing especially all the wonderful things that men did like watches. If he was Capped then Will wouldn't be able to do what he really wanted to do and wouldn't be able to think for him self.

If Will was capped he would never be the same and think the same. When it says "What value does courage have with a free and challenging mind" I thought what is the point of courage, with out one being able to direct your courage and thoughts.
Luckily Will divides to leave because as Will wanted to stay for the kindness of Eloise, when she leaves to serve the Tripods, he understands that she didn't care about him. I think that Eloise being capped is a great example for Will as he realizes that if he doesn't escape then he will end up like her-with a mind he cannot control, and that it's better to run to the White Mountains- a place were what really matters is that you are able to be your self. I think that in the White Mountains he will find a lot of people that think just like him.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario